Request a new record

Use RecordTrac to request copies of specific documents, electronic information, and data in the City of Yakima's databases. Please note that your request and any responsive records are a public record.

What are you trying to find?

Select a Date Range for the Request (optional)

Select a department or document type

Contact Information

Making a Request for a Collision Report?

Traffic accident reports (since January 1, 2016) may now be obtained through an online service called Buycrash. was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies access traffic accident reports in a more efficient manner.

Collision Reports may also be requested through the Yakima Police Department or as an online public records request through RecordTrac.



I need all records for animal complaints from 3-1-14 through 4-5-14 for the address of 129 N. 2nd St., Yakima, WA 98901.

I would like to request a police report, case number 10X01234.

Please provide all applications and permits issued for building, SEPA Checklist/Application packet, compaction reports and inspectors’ notes regarding construction at 7500 Red Apple Lane between 08/02/2014 through 09/03/2014.


  • Don't reveal personal information, like your social security number or home address.
  • Limit your request by a date range.
  • Provide the name of the record or take a guess.
  • If you don't know the name of the record, describe the information you believe is contained in it.